Friday, December 15, 2017

Elegant Poinsettia Stamped Christmas Card

Hello Ladies and Gents,
It's getting sooooo close to Christmas! Anyone else still working on cards? Anyone else trying to decide if they are actually going to address all those envelopes to people this year even though you've made a bunch of cards?


Sigh* sigh*

Alas, my mantle is getting full of Christmas cards and I would feel mighty guilty not returning some joy. I have weekend plans, yo! 




Anyhow, I'm popping in to share a reminder that STAMPlorations is smack dab in the middle of the December Theme & Sketch challenge, which has lots of prizes up for grabs.




For my card, I decided to use the theme, along with a very loose version of the sketch. 



I cut a background using the Stitched Snow Hills CUTplorations dies and then spritzed it with water, then Barn Door Distress Spray Stain.


Next, I used some InkaGold and liberally wet my paintbrush to create some gold splatters in the background. 



I used some decoupage to add lots of chunky gold glitter. I embossed a very merry sentiment (Merry and Bright Typografia) and then added in some elegant poinsettias to complete the look. 

Taaaadaaaa! Now to go address some cards. 

PS! If you want anything in the STAMPloraitons store, definitely give yourself a little giftie because you can use code STAMPGIRLBECCA to get 20% off anything in the STAMPstore.

7 comments:

  1. Such fabulous design!! So bright and festive! Always love your use of inks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the gold melts into the red and the gorgeous embellishment cluster with the chunky glitter and poinsettias. Beautiful card, Becca! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great splats, great layout and such a unique card....love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. very beautiful card!
    Happy Holidays! 🎄🎅⛄

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Becca, this is fabulous! The gold blooms behind your sentiment panel are so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how gorgeous - such rich and vibrant colours and a great adaptation of the sketch
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete