Friday, June 17, 2016

Baseball Father's Day Card

Father's Day is quickly approaching and I've been getting some orders from clients that have definitely made me stretch my creative muscles with "man cards". 

One of my clients asked for a baseball themed card. Since I didn't have any baseball stamps in my stash, it was time to get crafty. 

I want to warn you, this card is HIGHLY technical and may not be able to be accomplished by the average card maker. 


Step one: Use a paper plate and a pen to trace a curved line


Can you hear me giggling now? hehe HIGHLY technical. 
Once I had the perfect curvature traced, I cut it out with some scissors. 

Next, I used some little sketchy chevron shapes from the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Gruge set to emboss the read threading on my "baseball" 


I completed the look with a sentiment from the BOLD SENTIMENTS: Hashtag Authentic set and stamped DAD with the Sketchy Alphabet set.


baseball_themed_fathers_day_handmade_card


Taaaadaaaa! I'm quite pleased with it. 

This is a good time to tell you that we're midway through the month at the STAMPlorations Theme and Sketch challenge and you should go play. You can use either the sketch, or the theme, OR both! So many options! 


 
I'm also going to play along in some of the other fun challenges going on in the blogosphere including:
 
CASology - Masculine theme
 The Male Room - Father's Day

26 comments:

  1. But the BEST ideas are often the simplest and this one's brilliant

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ideas are so clever! Fabulous baseball theme card!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card - love the chevron stitching on your baseball! Thanks for joining us at CAsology this week, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun guy card Becca, just the ticket for a baseball loving fella. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very labor intensive...love the allusion to the technical side of your design almost as much as I love this card, which I may be stealing...er...CASEing in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Might I say so brilliant Becca! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You fooled me:) I blame my sickness because I was expecting a detailed tutorial...hahahahaa this just shows what a wonderful card can look like with a great imagination. Great card for a dad who loves baseball like my brother

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so clever! I just love your creative brain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite pleased? QUITE pleased? Heck! I'd be OTT excitedly punching the air "Yes!!!!!" with this one. Brilliant:)!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so technical Becca - I think I could manage one of those curves - just. Love your card :-), bold, bright and masculine
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol you are such a funny gal. Love your take on the baseball theme. So darned creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay...this is brilliant!! What a perfect baseball you created Becca, this ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a cool card. Loved the colors

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh this highly technical tutorial has taken all my skill to understand ;) !! Loved it becca!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an absolute corker, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Becca, this cracks me up! I love how you created this stunner! Such a fabulous masculine card and such a clever, clever design!! So glad you could join us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so clever, Becca!!!!! What a creative way to do the baseball card!!! So cool!!!!
    Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a fabuloys card !! Clever lady & the post made me laugh !! X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cool card, Becca! Creative way of creating that baseball shape!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You should be extremely pleased with this - it is awesome!! You hit this outta the park, sista!!! Your card is super cool and I love how clever you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Catching up a bit here...LOVE this baseball card!!!! Hubs and dad are big baseball fans, as am I...Go Cubbies! What a great idea, and even though it looks rather difficult to make (lol), I might have to give this a go! Absolutely FANtastic!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic, Becca! I love how you used the chevron for the stitching - so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Total cleverness, Becca...and bet Dad thought so too!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete